Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Footwear in the lab

I received an interesting email this week, I even had to temporarily pause my mouth-pipetting of sulfuric acid because it made me laugh and I snorted some of it. The safety officer sent us a nice reminder to keep our feet properly covered in the lab, and not to start wearing flip-flops. I'm personally not a fan of the flip flop, it is a medical menace according to the British medical journal (just read past the bottle in the rectum portion). Now the funny part is that attached to the email were pictures of acceptable and unacceptable footwear. lets just say even an unfashionable grandma wouldn't get caught dead wearing some of them. And I don't understand why we want to protect toes but not ankles! Effective immediately I propose we all wear hip waders in the lab.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be quite sexy if you wear those overall type protectors sans any other items of clothing. ;)

Anonymous Coward said...

I like the way you're thinking. Cue in cleavage jokes...

Anonymous Coward said...

Anyways, I'm glad they had pictures, I wasn't too sure what they meant about "sandals".

Bayman said...

What's with all the jokes? Newfies wear their rubbers everywhere, they're perfect for pretty much anything. Great for gardening!

Anonymous Coward said...

I was half expecting you to be gardening in your tighty whities...

Bayman said...

Please...only a dirty Gatineau frenchman would do such a thing...