Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pocket Protector

I always use a pocket protector on my lab coat. Sharpies can explode!! It's as much a part of laboratory bling as a HUGE capacity USB stick around your neck, or a sweet iTouch for rocking out in the tissue culture room, or a nice green coloured laser pointer, or a personal copy of Sambrook & Maniatis.
Check out the interesting history of the invention of the pocket protector on Boingboing.
Is there any cool laboratory bling that I forgot to mention?


6 comments:

Kamel said...

My favourite lab bling: my prescription lab safety glasses.

Anonymous said...

The heavily stained lab coat seems to be a popular one.

Bayman said...

I can't believe you forgot to mention the solar-powered calculator...

Alejandro Montenegro-Montero said...

the good-old timer (courtesy of some biotech company)

Der Wanderer said...

Pens! Courtesy of some pharmaceutical company.

Unknown said...

I never realized the value of double ended sharpies until I left an institute which stocked them for free. I would also count a P2 as bling if you have your own (which I suggest keeping in your lab coat before the influx of new summer students shows up-if you want to keep it intact-haha)